Job Details Research Support Assistant: Soilborne Plant Deseases Unit
Research Support Assistant: Soilborne Plant Deseases Unit
• Minimum Grade 10 (subjects such as Life Science, Physical Science and/or Agricultural Science will be beneficial)
• Past experience in gardening, nurseries or laboratory work will be beneficial
• Excellent health: must be able and willing to work long hours in the field or glasshouse sometimes under adverse weather conditions
Full Details and Requirements
• Responsible for cleaning of glasshouses, pots and seedling trays in preparation for glasshouse trials
• Preparation of growth media for glasshouse trials
• Assist with the execution of glasshouse experiments
• Watering, fertilization and pest control on plants in glasshouses
• Preparation of plants for disease evaluation and isolations
• Assist with preparation for field trials
• Collecting of soil and plant samples in the field
• Assist with preparation of/or refilling of general material needed for laboratory work
• Responsible for cleaning of laboratories and apparatus in the laboratories
Reference : PPR 06/09/2017
Employment Type : Contract
Job Category : Entry Level (> 2 years experience)
0.00 - 0.00 Monthly
Advert Opened : 2017-09-06
Advert Closes : 2017-09-20
How to apply?
All applications are to be made online. Please register if you have not yet done so, complete your profile and upload your CV. On completion, please apply for the desired job advert.
Appointment to the above post will be subject to a 6-month probation period and positive security clearance.
Competitive remuneration packages will be congruent with the scope, responsibilities and the stature of the positions.
Please ensure that your profile is up-to-date and that you have uploaded the necessary documents to your profile before applying. Note the following is required:
- Profile information
- At least one education (lastest)
- At least one experience (lastest)
- At least one uploaded document (preferred CV)
- Uploaded Covering letter
- Uploaded Detailed CV
- (Uploaded certificates, supporting documents and nationality)
- In your profile provide the names and particulars of 3 traceable referees.
A SAQA evaluation report must accompany foreign qualifications. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants who do not receive any response from us within 4 weeks of the closing date must regard their applications as unsuccessful.
The Agricultural Research Council is an equal opportunity employer but is committed to the principles and processes of Employment Equity. The company has the right not to appoint.